Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Daybook


Outside the snow is melting but it's still cold. This morning required winter coats, gloves, and hats. I do love snow during the winter; I just have yet to adjust to cold temperatures. If only it would snow and stay 40 - that's my kind of winter.
From the kitchen this week: I used our garden's last eggplant last night with sausage, diced tomatoes, and feta, on top of pasta. Pretty good. We also had chicken pot pie, enchiladas, and ... drat, I can't remember the other day. I'm kind of sick of cooking meals that require several different pots and pans. I feel like I haul everything out, make a mess, eat, and then clean it all up and put it away again. Three times a day, seven days a week. I think it's time for simpler meals.
Adele is tall. Duh. She outgrew yet another pair of jeans this week. She loves to organize things...play school...do tea parties with her dollies. A very typical girl!
Jack has developed a crazy little imagination. Yesterday at naptime he took off his pants; when I got him up and asked him why, he said he was using them to fish - and had caught a BIG whale that was going to bite me. ??? And at random times of the day, he holds out his hand and asks if I want to pet his little frog. The little frog that lives in his palm, of course. Whenever I try, he hops away....
Reading nothing but holiday magazines right now. Sadly shallow.
Hoping to have a good party here tonight and birthday brunch tomorrow. To get caught up on my editing project I'm woefully behind on right now. For a good doctor appointment next week.
A favorite thing: playing Christmas music way too early, just because it's snowing out. And having the kids join me in the mad dash to shut it off when Dan pulls in the driveway. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

The cuteness of those kiddos shall be my undoing. What a darling picture!!!
And I love the image of all 3 of you racing around trying to turn off the Christmas music, and having an inside-joke giggle going around when Daddy walks in the door. Love it.
And I must say your reading is quite shallow, compared to the "American Sphinx" tome I'm currently working through (imagine me saying that with glasses perched on the end of my nose, looking down through them at you with disappointment). Ha! Whatevs -- I was reading chick-lit nonsense last week. We go in cycles, and that's okay. :)