"You and I have need of the strongest spell that can be found to wake us from the evil enchantment of worldliness....
As long as this deliberate refusal to understand things from above, even where such understanding is possible, continues, it is idle to talk of any final victory over materialism....
We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship."
(C.S.L., Weight of Glory and Other Addresses)
As long as this deliberate refusal to understand things from above, even where such understanding is possible, continues, it is idle to talk of any final victory over materialism....
We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship."
(C.S.L., Weight of Glory and Other Addresses)

1 comment:
Is he not the heart whisperer? I mean, you know, besides the Holy Spirit? ;) Oh how I love me some Clive Staples.
Solitude, privacy, intimacy, sweet friendship, true communion and fellowship of hearts and minds...so rare, but so desperately needed.
Post a Comment