Monday, January 10, 2011

Giving Thanks for...(321-330)

321. The peace and quiet of January evenings at home after December's busyness
322. A surprisingly great find at a used book store - I highly recommend it!
323. Sunny afternoons in the snow with the kids

324. Their faces while sledding

325. Blue's fondness for snowballs

326. Beautiful icicles
327. Bushes with red berries covered in ice

328. Adele wanting to give money to Smile Train after seeing a magazine ad of a child in need of surgery
329. The quietness of town after a snowfall; it dampens all noise of traffic and voices
330. That Jack is okay after falling out of his crib

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack fell out of his crib? Is it time to move to a toddler bed? I'm waiting for something like this to happen to Maurice....do share more details please!

Kate said...

He likes to reach over his crib and knock on the door to the bathroom; I was downstairs and only heard him hit the floor, but I think he leaned too far and lost his balance. He landed on the side of his face, so his cheek was red for awhile and I think he had a bad headache for a few days, but no concussion signs.
I don't think he had any idea how he did it because he hasn't tried it since...I'm hoping NOT to have to upgrade him to a bigger bed. It takes him awhile to fall asleep at night and he lays there chatting and singing when he's in the confines of the crib; with a bed he'll just be getting in and out the whole time and he's way too young for that (stairs, wandering around, etc. - much too unsafe). I'm just getting him up the minute I hear him awake...we'll see what happens. I will forever remember that THUD, tho'.
Does Maurice lean out a lot? Why don't they make cribs a bit lower, I'd like to know.

Unknown said...

No, Maurice just sits in his crib and plays with his posse: his lamb, giraffe, and dog. He'll stand up, but I've never seen him lean over the edge... I don't think he's tall enough to be so top heavy as to topple out if he did though.
I've heard you can get cribs that are extra deep but I wouldn't have the foggiest clue as to where to find them other than on the internet.
And yes, we are not in any hurry to get Maurice out of his crib. And we are happy to take someone else's old crib so we don't have to buy a new one! ;-) So, we'll have two cribs for a while.