Praying for good health for different people facing different things; Dan traveling next week; my dad who had to put down his dog this week, to whom he was VERY attached.
From the kitchen this week Tonight we're having Kendra's Chicken Pot Pie (or close to it) with some leftover roaster chicken; tomorrow is soup and some yummy bread for a bakery. Sunday I want to try a Pepper Bacon Pasta recipe from my Italian cousin.
Adele has suddenly developed a fear of going anywhere in the house alone. "I don't want to take that to the kitchen by myself," she cried earlier today. "What if there's a pirate???" And no, I haven't been letting her watch Jack Sparrow or anything. I have no idea where it came from.
Jack is heading for mechanical engineering, I think (he's genetically predisposed). He loves buttons and machines. His new favorite activity is to sneak into the Florida room where the vacuum is stored, take out the vacuum attachments, and then put crayons into the holes where you store the attachments. I have no idea where this came from either. I have to turn the vacuum upside down and shake vigorously to get them out.
Reading Old Man and the Sea for book club. I picked up Peace Like a River at a used book store on Monday; I've read great reviews of it, so that's next. And I'm in Job for my Bible-in-a-Year reading. "Man is born unto trouble like the sparks fly upwards."
Hoping for the energy to keep up with my very thorough, room-by-room house cleaning. Study, front hall, dining room, and living room down (how do you like my new chair? I can't decide if I like it enough to keep it, although the problem might be more how bare the wall looks and less about the chair?):
3 comments:
I'm thinking the only thing your chair needs is a little side table with a smaller lamp on it. Looks comfy!
And Maurice is in love with the vacuum attatchments too! He likes to use them as a trumpet...
Or...now that I look at the photo again, I think the you need a larger picture, or just hang what you have a bit lower...
Yes, that picture is just not right there. I had a whole series of black and white things planned for that space, so I think I'll return to that plan just to fill in all the space. And I might have to raid the basement for a small table to tuck next to that bookcase. It's always fun to shop your own basement.
Post a Comment