My friend
Kara once subscribed me to
Cooking Light as a gift - my introduction to the delightful magazine. I picked up the latest issue while waiting in line the other day. This recipe looked good and I had all the ingredients, so I gave it a whirl. Less than 5 minutes later, I had the tastiest hummus I've had in a long time!
It's called
Spicy Black Bean Hummus. The link is
here but I'll write it out, too (is that legal? I have no idea what's legal and not legal in blogland...):
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeƱo pepper, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Put the garlic in your food processor and process until chopped fine. Add everything else except the oil; process until smooth. Put into a pretty bowl, top with the oil to keep it moist, and you're all set!
2 comments:
Hi Kate,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's nice to meet you!
So, I have to ask... did you fix peanut butter bread with your hot chocolate?
Have a great evening!
I've seen this magazine. I need to buy it next time. I've heard it is good!
Post a Comment