Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Game of Tag

My dear friend Becky tagged me in a blog tag game. So here we go:

The Rules:
*Link to the person who tagged you.
*Share 7 random/weird facts about you.


1. My husband and I have the same cousins and we still got married. My cousins are his first-cousins-once-removed. It's because my dad's brother married Dan's grandma's sister, so we're all good. We're just Dutch in Southwest Michigan!

2. I detest public speaking. I further detest being the center of attention in any size group. I’d almost rather have to talk to 500 nameless faces than be the center of attention in a group of twenty people that I know. Does that make me shy? Reserved? Quite often, I share my opinions much too colorfully, shall we say, so that would seem to negate any shyness. I’m an opinionated introvert, maybe that’s it.

3. My favorite drink of all time is freshly brewed ginger ale. And I’ve only had it once. A friend of mine gets ginger syrup from some place in Hawaii and then mixes it with seltzer water to make ginger ale, and oh my…I could drink it every day for my entire life.

4. I am the only person in my family who eats sushi. Dutch people eat overcooked fish, slimy mussels, and smoked herring, but not sushi.

5. I am 6 credits shy of a Masters degree and have no interest in finishing it, delinquent that I am. I find parenting teaches me more about human growth & development than a university class anyway.

6. I have a phobia of drive-thru car washes. I force myself to do it but my heart pounds the entire time and I cannot suppress the mental images of being trapped in my car with overpowering soap fumes wafting through the vents.

7. I love living in a 4-season state despite all my grumblings otherwise. I like change. I'm always looking forward to something better and then end up with a regular feeling of disappointment. I've decided it's all because I have contentment issues so I'm working on it. *smile*

No comments: