Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Daybook

Outside one of summer's last hot and humid days. It's more tolerable, knowing that it's short-lived, and that mums and pumpkins are right around the corner.

Praying for patience and sanity after a solid week of single parenting. I don't do it well.

Adele is thrilled about pre-school starting next week. And a new ballet class, too. It's an exciting time of year for a 4-year-old!

Jack is precocious. Loud. Sweet. Funny. Stubborn. Tornado-like.

Reading I'm just starting Place on Earth by Wendell Berry. I may switch to The Crucible, since it's my turn to pick for book club, and Berry is a tad lengthy. I finished The Help last week: thought it was really, really good, despite the hype.

Hoping that Dan returns home on time tomorrow and that we have a quiet holiday weekend all together. I'm hoping to go absolutely nowhere except church for 3 days straight.

Thinking about making it. That's pretty much it today, a Jonah Day.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, why can't my daybooks be so concise?! Short is beautiful. I love your blog. All of it. It's always pretty, wise, and thoughtful. I'm glad you're here.

Kate said...

Susan, you're too sweet - I'm usually thinking why on earth someone would read a post this short. :) Your blog blesses me regularly; I hope you continue after the summer!